We will be using 100% natural fibers ( cotton, linen, silk, rayon) to explore multiple aspects of binding, capping, folding, clamping and pole wrapping.
If you want to create samples for your own techniques book, we recommend a minimum of 2 yards of fabric. You'll need more fabric if you're making larger pieces. All fabric must be prepared for dyeing (PFD) - pre-washed to remove all sizing , etc, so it will take the dye.
- 100%natural fiber fabric, pre-washed (PFD - Prepared for dyeing) to remove sizing, etc so fabric will take the dye
Bring a minimum of 8-10 pieces of fabric to create samples, whatever size you wish of cotton, linen, rayon, silk. Light weight fabric works better than heavy.
- 12" to 24" long PVC pipe (2-4" in diameter)
- Clamps, 2" minimum (metal with rubber grips, C clamps work better than black plastic clamps)
- rubber bands
- string for binding - nylon, cotton, jute, dental floss etc
- saran wrap for capping technique
- plastic sheets larger than dyed pieces (trash bags or plastic table cloth) to wrap each piece individually
- old towels or paper towels
- gloves, old clothes, lunch and water
Any questions call or email: