Opening Reception – Sunday, August 12, 2018, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Call for SDG Artists:
The Tampa Bay Surface Design Guild is now 20 years old. We would like to celebrate the years of art, friendship, creativity, workshops, and discovery by presenting the very best work of our members from the last 20 years. Of course, it can be either 2-D or 3-D. So look back through your work and submit the best. Christine Renc Carter, curator at the Leepa-Ratner Museum, will award 1st ($200), 2nd ($100) and 3rd ($75) Place prizes with 3 ($25) honorable mentions.
The Show Committee Will:
- Accept 2-D and 3-D work
- Hang Show – All work will be hung at the discretion of the SDG Show Committee
- Work cannot be taken down until show closes
SDG Members Will:
- Sign contract (can be printed from SDG website)
- Provide label text two weeks prior to delivery of artwork to the Clearwater Library by emailing info to Aida Sheets at email@example.com no later than July 15, 2018
- Pay a $20 entry fee for up to 3 pieces of 2-D or 3-D original artwork
- Check or cash paid only to Tampa Bay Surface Design Guild
- Deliver artwork to Clearwater Library on Sunday, July 29, 2018, 12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Provide ready to hang artwork and take all packing material home with you
- Send out Evites and invitations to your mailing lists
- Volunteer to provide food for Opening Reception on Sun., August 12, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m
-Pickup artwork at Clearwater Library on Sunday, September 30, from 12:00 – 3:00p.m.
If you would like your work to be considered for the invitation, submit a 300 dpi high resolution photo of your work by July 1, 2018 to Sarah Butz at firstname.lastname@example.org
We Need: 2 volunteers to sign-in work at Clearwater Library on Sunday, July 29, 12:00 – 3:00 p.m.
4 volunteers to hang work at Clearwater Library on Wednesday, August 1, beginning at 10:00 a.m
2 volunteers to coordinate Opening Reception on Sunday, August 12, from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
2 volunteers to release work at Clearwater Library on Sunday, August 30, from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 1, 2018 Invitation pictures submitted to email@example.com
Sunday, July 15, 2018 Label text emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, July 29, 2018 Deliver work to Clearwater Library by 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 1, 2018 Hang artwork at Clearwater Library, 10:00 a.m. until finished
Sunday, August 12, 2018 Opening Reception at Clearwater Library, 2-4
Sunday, September 30, 2018 Pickup work from Clearwater Library from 12 - 3
*If you are unable to pick up your artwork yourself, please arrange for another Guild member to do this for you.
SDG Show Committee: Donna Isaac, Angie Knowles, Aida Sheets, Mei-Ling St. Leger, Sarah Butz, June Colburn, Cindie Townley.