Felted Handbag by Leeann Kroetsch
Location - Leeann's home - address will be provided to registered Guild members
Date - One day workshop - two date options
Saturday, June 24 or Sunday, June 25
Time - 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Cost - $100 for members
Cost - $120 for non-members
Maximum Enrollment - Space is limited so please register early - eight per class, two date options
Contact Information 813-580-0728
Instructor Provides - felting kit, choice of wool (many colour options), embellishment fibers, viscose, silk, ramie or linen, form for purse, thread for stitching.
Description - In this class, you will design a purse - please see the attached image. We will focus on how to lay out the wool and shape it into a sculptural piece which can be used functionally as a purse, vase or vessel.
Students will learn the art of wet-felting. The techniques I will teach include basic wet felting skills, using resists (needed for a variety of sculptural felting) and how to incorporate surface design into your art.
You will develop skills felting various types of wool with silk and other exotic fibers such as viscose, cotton and sparkle. During the class you will gain a level of comfort working with the properties of wool fiber and learn about material shrinkage.
This class is suitable for beginners; however, advanced felters will be challenged with surface design techniques that push their creativity. Space is limited so please register early
Materials Student Brings:
- Paper and pen for note taking
- Light lunch or snack plus beverages (food will not be provided at the Clubhouse)
- Wear comfortable clothes – avoid white as some dyes may not be 100% color fast
- Comfortable shoes – some standing is required
- An apron (optional)
- Gloves if you have sensitivity to dish detergent
- Embellishment items - ribbon, thread, yarn, beads wool or silk roving if specific colours or personal choice of materials
Student will be responsible to line the bag, add a Fastener, such as a magnet and make/purchase a handle.