TBSDG Workshop – July 23, 2023, 10am – 4pm
10214 Regal Dr, Largo, FL
Tote Bag and 2 Market Bags
Cost: $70 Members/$90 Non-members
Maximum Capacity: 10 people
Instructor: Barb Williams
Instructor will provide:
· Pre-cut tote bag fabrics; top, bottom & straps (one bag)
· Pre-cut tote bag linings (one bag)
· Pre-cut market bag fabrics (including straps), for two bags
· Button, elastic & thread
· Printed instructions
· Irons & ironing boards
Students must bring:
· Sewing machine with empty bobbin and needles suitable for canvas bag & cotton lining
· Extension cord
· Basic sewing supplies: scissors, straight pins (and/or clips), hand-sewing needle (for button), seam gauge. Seam ripper and needle threader are optional.
· Lunch and drinks
Students should have basic sewing skills and an understanding of how to use their machines.
The materials will be provided in pre-assembled kits.
Available color combinations are
Purple & Print (2);
Deep Teal & Print (3);
Navy & Print (4);
Black & White (2);
Black & Multi-Color (2).
No two kits are the same.
Students may bring any embellishments they may wish to add.
Students may also bring any of their own fabrics, but will probably not be able to complete all three bags during the workshop if they choose not to use the pre-cut materials.
Minimum fabric required (54” wide unless otherwise noted):
Tote Bag Bottom (solid color): 1/4 yard (may also require interfacing)
Tote Bag Straps (solid color): 1/4 yard (plus interfacing)
Tote Bag Top (print) 1/3 yard (plus interfacing)
Cotton Lining 1/2 yard (45’ wide)